Surrender

Surrender to the death of yourself
It is in dying that I live
only in dying that I live the life that is truly life
when I hold on to what was once life 
or what I believe was life
I am actually holding on to death.
I can’t take hold of life if death is in my hand.

This is the pruning, this is the pain
the cutting away of all that is vain
the removing of all that is robbing the vine
hindering the growth of what is divine
it has the appearance of life you see
but it puts you in bondage and wont let you be free
it lies to your heart, and it lies to your head
that if you let go you’ll be dwelling in death
many have perished believing this lie
and this is the reason, this is why
I am the Truth, the Life and the Way
and as you surrender you become a display
of My splendor and glory to a world lost in sin
who have yet to know there’s a way to come in
You’ll no longer live in fear of the pain
of the cutting away of all that is vain
As the gardener cuts branches 
that once looked so green
you must guard your heart 
against thinking He’s mean
For His motives are pure and one day you’ll see
that His death brought you life
and your death made you free.
It’s because of His love for the vine who’s the Son
He's preparing a bride and making them one.
Sharon Trumps