Abide


I sacrificed my only Son so I could make you mine,
and yet I see that some of you are dying on the vine.
You must obey my word that says, in me you must remain.
Your life is not found in worldly wealth 
or the treasures you attain.
You must take time to read my word and seek my face in prayer,
or you will find the seeds in your heart choked by a life of care.
I’ve told you in my word, that you can’t bear fruit alone,
but only as you abide in me and make my heart your home.
You see you have been chosen, to bear fruit that is divine,
for in the abundance of your fruit the world will see your mine.
You must lay aside the deception, that apart from me you’ll live.
Don’t believe in the lie that says you won’t die,
 for its all of your heart you must give.
For the part that you think you can keep to yourself
is the part set aside for the thief
who will steal it away until one day you’ll say,
I’m really not free but a slave.
Sharon Trumps